Saturday, May 28, 2011

Orangutans Take Bubble Baths

A certain little sweetheart has been asking for months to go see the "G-raffs"...no, not Dallas, although he does enjoy a good monkey show.  We were going to go on Mother's Day, but then I ended up spending that week(end) without a voice.  So when we packed up to go, we decided to make it a birthday treat for our little "G-raff" lover.  We called the zoo and found out that the day we would be there they would be allowing the public to feed the giraffes.  Score!  We also learned that they accepted donations of various foods/products for the animals.  So we were off to the zoo with a box of Cheerios and a bottle of bubble bath for the Orangutans...apparently it's one of their favorite things to do...I don't blame them!



Right inside the entrance ~ a cute little giraffe family with a sweet little baby giraffe!


We went early in the morning and the zoo was surprisingly peaceful and the animals were pretty active.  We spent a lot of time feeding anyone (animals) that were interested,


mocking the Gorillas,


and just enjoying each other.  It was a nice way to start the Summer.

 




We even got to see Grandpa Don and Grandma Carol.
Then after a yummy lunch at Red Robin (YUM!!!!) we headed back to the zoo to feed the giraffes.  The only footage I have of this is a video which I may add later after I get it transferred.  

*All of these pictures were taken with our Sony Handycam and are kind of sad in their quality, but we were desperate as I washed/dried my camera accidentally this Winter and was using our older camera until it decided to completely die on the morning of our zoo visit.*
(note to self...quit hunting for the perfect camera and just buy one.  It will be better than nothing!)

No comments: