Monday, May 30, 2011

Princess Cutie Pie Magdalena

It is finally here...your 3rd birthday!  Your dad asked me today if I remembered driving like crazy to Salina when we thought we might be losing the little one (you) who was growing inside me.  I honestly hadn't thought about that for such a long time, but I guess that it mirrors our life with you...unpredictable.  We could have never predicted that you would come nearly 2 weeks before your due date and still weigh 9lbs 8oz., that you would be as much the spitting image of your momma that your sister is of her daddy, that you would be so terrified of Whoopi Goldberg, but fascinated with ants and giraffes, that you would always ask us to wrap you up in your towel and "hold you like a baby" after your bath, that you would be so picky about what you did/didn't like to wear (a pretty dress), that you would love to sing and dance to songs like "Firework", "It's a Beautiful Life", "Single Ladies" and in the next breath be singing hymns and praises, that you would ask us tirelessly to tell you "a story I was a baby" and then proceed to tell us the story that you know about your sister holding you and proclaiming your cuteness, that you wouldsay things like "ex-kited" (excited), "firtief"(thirtieth), "dewishes"(delicious), "asheley"(actually), and so many more.  You've been a firecracker from the beginning.  You live dramatically.  Although you captured our hearts before we ever saw your face, we are so excited about watching you grow.  We knew even when you were a baby when you were very happy and when you were very sad/mad...you're stubborn, but have the most tender heart (lethal).  I know that God planned this combination for a very real purpose and I pray that we, as your parents, can help you discern what exactly that is.  

Love you, Magda Faye!


2 comments:

Amy said...

Love, love, love this. (and I love your header, too!)

Frau said...

Thought it was time to switch from the winter header...better late than never!