Dallas and I saw this guy in concert last night at the Stiefel. We had to laugh a little bit as we were pulling up, almost everyone walking in had a silver shine to their hair...not just a few gray hairs, a full head of gray, but I guess his career began in the 1970s.
"Kenny Loggins"
He sang all of our 80's movie soundtrack favorites: "I'm All Right" (Caddyshack), "Danger Zone" (Top Gun) and other classics like "Conviction of the Heart", "Celebrate Me Home" and a favorite of mine "Return to Pooh Corner" Of course he had to sing the song he's most well known for: "Footloose."
Is it awful that I've lived most of my life under the impression that I knew all of the lyrics to "Footloose"?
Meagan's version: Been workin' so hard Real Lyrics: I've been working so hard
I'm washin' my car I'm punching my card
Hey Girl! No words Eight hours for what?
Wanna tell me what I got Oh, tell me what I got
In my defense the movie/song came out in 1984 when I was only 7 years old. At that point I'm pretty sure I wasn't allowed to see the movie, but I had the soundtrack and remember distinctly "making up" a dance to it with a friend in our front yard....guess the "washing car" move should have been us "punching" time cards instead (if we even knew what those were at that point in our lives!)


No comments:
Post a Comment